Dr. Sunil Gupta
- Designation: Associate Professor
B.Tech, M.Tech in Computer Sc & Engineering from NIT Hamirpur and PhD in Computer Sc & Engineering from NIT Jalandhar.
Prof. Sunil Gupta has over more than 13 Years of experience in teaching and research in the field of Computer science and Engineering. Prior to joining BMU as Associate professor, he has worked with Delhi Technical Campus, IP University, Northern India Engineering College, IP University, IIMT, Baddi University of Emerging Science and IFTM University.
Sunil Gupta is an Associate Member, Computer Society of India, Member, computer Science Teacher Association, Life Member, International Association of Engineers, Member, International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology, Member, Internet Society (ISOC) and IEEE Society.
He is a Reviewer of International Journal namely Journal of Supercomputing, published by Springer Netherlands., International Journal of Wireless Networks by Springer, International Journal Computer and Electrical Engineering, Singapore and Member of Scientific Committee and Editorial Review Board on Engineering and Physical Sciences for World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology.
He has conducted various workshop, conferences and FDP. He Guides various students of M. Tech for Research and Project work. He is an author of two books, namely Cryptography and Network Security and Wireless Sensor Networks.
- Sunil Gupta, and Harsh K Verma" A cloud based user access control scheme for wireless body area sensor networks”, The International Journal of Medical Informatics”, Communicated- Sep 2017, SCI Impact factor: 3.2.
- Uddin, Sunil Gupta, Rishi Asthana, and M. Kumar Awasthi "Steady MHD Flow of Nano-Fluids over a Rotating Porous Disk in the Presence of Heat Generation/Absorption: a Numerical Study using PSO”, Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics”, Vol. 10, No. 3, January 2017, pp. 871-879, SCI Impact factor:0.88. UGC19172
- Sunil Gupta, Harsh K Verma and A.L. Sangal, “Efficient security mechanism to counter the attacks in wireless sensor networks”, CSI transactions on ICT, Vol 2, no.1, July 2014, pp. 35-41. Springer: Published: 08 July 2014 Indexed in Google Scholar, OCLC, Summon by ProQuest.
- Sunil Gupta, Harsh K Verma and A.L. Sangal, “Authentication protocol for wireless sensor networks”, World academy of science, engineering and technology, Vol. 4, no. 6, June 2010, pp. 526-532.
Scopus/International science index.UGC37925
- Sunil Gupta, Harsh K Verma and A.L. Sangal, “Security attacks and prerequisite for wireless sensor networks”, International journal of engineering and advanced technology, Vol. 2, no. 5, June 2013, pp. 558-566, Impact Factor: 5.02.
- Sunil Gupta, Harsh K Verma and A.L. Sangal, “Analysis and removal of vulnerabilities in masquerading attack in wireless sensor networks”, International journal of computer technology and electronics engineering, Vol. 2, no. 3, June 2012, pp. 43-48.
- Ravi Kant, Sunil Gupta and Harsh Khatter. “A Literature Survey on Black Hole Attacks on AODV Protocol in MANET.” International Journal of Computer Applications 80(16):22-26, October 2013, Impact Factor: 0.83.
- Amit Kumar, Sunil Gupta and Rashmi Sharma. “Authentication Protocol against Malicious Attack in Wireless Sensor Networks: A Review”. International Journal of Computer Applications 58(4):29-33, November 2012, Impact Factor: 0.83.
- Anuradha Tomar & Sunil Gupta “Wireless power Transmission: Applications and Components “International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT),Vol. 1 Issue 5, July - 2012, page no 1-8, Impact Factor: 1.76.
- Sunil Gupta & Mriutnjay Singh “Cryptography Mechanisms for Access Control in Wireless Sensor Networks” Electronics For You: Issue: February 2010 Page: 59
- Mukesh Chawla and Sunil Gupta, “Security Framework for Data Aggregation in sensor cloud for Oil and Gas Industry” Published in International Conference on Signal Processing, Communication Power & Embedded System scopes - IEEE 2016 October 03-05. Scopus Index
- Rajesh Yadav and Sunil Gupta, “Security Analysis of RSA and ECC in Mobile Wimax” Published in Published in International Conference on Signal Processing, Communication Power & Embedded Systemscopes - IEEE 2016 October 03-05. Scopus Index
- Sunil Gupta and Akansha Mishra, “Analysis and Recommendation of Common Fault and Failure in Software Development Systems” Published in International Conference on Signal Processing, Communication Power & Embedded Systemscopes - IEEE 2016 October 03-05. Scopus Index.
- Sunil Gupta and Goldie Gabrani, “A Dynamic Two-Level Priority based Authentication System for Job Scheduling in a Heterogeneous Grid Environment” Published in IEEE Technically Sponsored SAI Computing Conference 2017, 13-15 July, pp. 1100-1106, London.ISBN (Print-On-Demand): 978-1-4673-8461-2 ISBN (Online): 978-1-4673-8460-5. Scopus Index
- Sunil Gupta, Vikas Mittal, Tanupriya “Comparative Analysis of Authentication and Access Control Protocols against Malicious Attacks in Wireless Sensor Networks” Published in Special Session on “Computational Intelligence to Sustainable Computing through Data Sciences (CISCD)” ANITS-2017, Springer. Scopus Index
- Sunil Gupta, “Authentication Framework against Malicious Attack in Mobile Wireless Sensor Networks” in Proceedings of the International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists 2017,IMECS 2017, March 15 - 17, 2017, pp. 588-593, Hong Kong,ISBN: 978-988-14047-7-0,ISSN: 2078-0958 (Print); ISSN: 2078-0966 (Online). Scopus Index
- Sunil Gupta and Goldie Gabrani,“Real Time Sensor Grid based Secured Health Care Monitoring” Accepted in IEEE Computing conference 2017, 18-20 July, London. Scopus Index
- Sunil Gupta, Harsh K Verma & A.L Sangal “A Survey on secure access control for WSN.” Proceedings of ICIIN 2011” March 18-20, 2011, Dubai, UAE.
- Sunil Gupta, Harsh K Verma & A.L Sangal “Authentication Protocol for Wireless sensor Network,” Proceedings of WASET, France, June 28-30,2010, Scopus Index
- Sunil Gupta, Narottam Chand “A Security against Malicious Attack in Wireless Sensor network,” Proceedings of APIIT, pp. 149-152, November 2008.
- Sunil Gupta, Mukesh Chawla “Artificial Innovation and Modeling Technology in Power system,” Proceeding of APIIT, pp. 52-56, Oct 2007.
- Sunil Gupta “Enhancing Security In Wireless Sensor Networks” Proceeding of ICE-FST-09, Sl No-10, April 2009.
- Sunil Gupta, Narottam Chand “Enhancing Security Against Malicious Attack in WSN”Proceeding of IEEE-IMS, ICIT-09, p.no-p528,april 2009
- Anuradha Tomar,Sunil Gupta “Substation Earthing Design for Homogeneous and Two layer Model” Proceeding of IEEE-IMS, ICIT-09,p.no-p440, April 2009.
- Sunil Gupta, Anuradha Tomar “Improving Security Mechanisms For SCADA Control Networks” Proceeding of IEEE-IMS, ICIT-09,p.no-p526, April 2009
- Jaswinder Singh Dilawari, Sunil Gupta” Mobile Computing & Wireless Application Development - J2ME” Paper ID -CGV3084, Proceeding of WASET ( World academy of science, engineering and technology, CGVR'09: July 13-16, 2009, USA.
- Sunil Gupta, Er. Jaswinder Singh Dilawari” Enhancing J2ME with Java FX” Paper ID - CGV3083, Proceeding of WASET ( World academy of science, engineering and technology, CGVR'09: July 13-16, 2009, USA.
- Sunil Gupta “Enhancing security features for Wireless sensor networks,” Proceedings of IACSIT, Chennai, India, 27-29 June, 2009.
- Anuradha Tomar, Sunil Gupta “Grounding Grid Methods and Various Impinging Parameters,” Proceedings of IAMA09,22, Chennai, India, 22-24 July, 2009 .
- Sunil Gupta “Cryptographic Management to Access Control in MANETs,” Proceedings of IAMA09, 22, Chennai, India, 22-24 July, 2009.
- Sunil Gupta,“ Algorithm Vision: Review & Application” Published in National Conference on Emerging Trends in Computer Science and Information Systems, Delhi University-2015
- Sunil Gupta, “The Essence of secured information: A Cryptographic System” Published in National Conference on Emerging Trends in Computer Science and Information Systems, Delhi University-2015
- Sunil Gupta,“Recent Advances and global trends in secure sensor networks” Published in National Conference on Global Trends in Technology and Industry: Impact on Society (GTTI-14) at IP University, Delhi.-2014
- Sunil Gupta, Amit Sharma“ A routing Protocol for MANET: a survey. “In proceeding of NCINT-2011, pp no149-153, October 2011.
- Sunil Gupta, Amit Sharma“ Secure access control in wireless networks” in proceeding of NCET-2011, IIMT, Greater Noida , November 2011.
- Sunil Gupta, Rajesh yadav “Wimax over Wi-Fi: what is the difference” in proceeding of NCINT-2011, pp no149-153, October 2011.
- Sunil Gupta,“ Emerging trends in distributed generation” in proceeding of National seminar on emerging trends in distributed generation , held at NIEC, New delhi, 13th October 2012.
- Sunil Gupta,”Improving security mechanism for SCADA control networks,” proceeding of National conference on natural calamities and mitigating strategies at Gyanodaya 2014.
- Sunil Gupta ”Secure scheme & Technique for efficient management in MANETs,” proceeding of NCET-08 pp,244-247 March 2008
- Mukesh Chawla, Sunil Gupta, Manoj Gupta “SCTP Based Transport Protocol For efficient path section in wireless multihoming environment,” souvenir of NCTAC May 2008
- Sunil Gupta ,Satish Negi”Adaptive route optimization in hierarchical mobile IPv6 Networks,” souvenir of NCTAC May 2008
- Sunil Gupta, Mukesh Chwala, manoj Gupta”Dyanmic routing Protocol for Multihomed MANETs,” souvenir of NCTAC May 2008
- Sunil Gupta, Narottam Chand”Security Language for wireless sensor networks,” Proceeding of ETCC Dec 2008
- Sunil Gupta, Narottam Chand”An effective key management scheme for wireless sensor networks,” Proceeding of ETCC Dec 2008
- Sunil Gupta, Satish Negi”Framework for Data gathering in Wireless sensor Networks,” Proceeding of NCET Jan 2009
- Piyush Agnihotri, Sunil Gupta”Mobile element scheduling Algorithms: An analysis,” Proceeding of NCET Jan 2009
- Sunil Gupta, Anuradha Tomar” Cryptographic Mechanism for SCADA Networks,” Proceeding of ETCC Jan 2009
- Sunil Gupta,“Security Enforcement in Sensor Networks” Proceeding of MMPITT-2009 April 2009.
- Sunil Gupta ,Mukesh Chawla “Analysis For key Establishment Protocol for wireless sensor networks” souvenir of RTCIT-09,ID-MC-95, April
- Sunil Gupta ,Mukesh Chawla “ A Framework for enhancing authentication in WSN” souvenir of RTCIT-09 ,ID- MC-94,April 09
- Sunil Gupta, Anuradha Tomar “Overview of Color Image Segmentation” in WSN” souvenir of RTCIT-09,ID- MM-87 April 09
- Anuradha Tomar, Sunil Gupta, “Addressing the Limitations of Open Standards” in WSN” souvenir of RTCIT-09, ID-MM-88 April 09 .
- Sunil Gupta, Anuradha Tomar “Understanding SCADA System Network Security” in WSN” souvenir of RTCIT-09 ,ID-MM-89April 09.
- Krishan Kumar,Sunil Gupta, Mukesh Chawla,“Specification based class testing” in WSN” souvenir of RTCIT-09 ,April 09.
- Sunil Gupta, Mukesh chawla, Nisha “location management approaches in cellular networks” souvenir of RTCIT-09 ,April 09
Participation in Conferences/Seminars
- Chaired a session on Cyber Security in International Conference on computational Intelligence, cyber security and smart grid(ICCCS-2017) organized by HMR Institute of Technology and Management, New Delhi India during 20-21 April 2017.
- Participated and Certified by MathWorks training service of MATLAB and Simulink for system and algorithm modelling, 14-18 March 2016.
- National Symposium on nanomaterial design: Bridging nanolength Scale, NSNMD2007 FNRC-06 on Advances in Engineering & Technology, August 2006
- National seminar on Bioinformatics in New Delhi organized by Fundastik solution Ltd, National seminar on emerging trade in computing and communication, ETCC-07
- Expert talk on “Security in wireless network” in a Faculty development program, Organized by computer science & engineering Department, IEC College of Engineering, Greater Noida, September 2009.
Introduction to Cryptography and Network Security
Author: Sunil Gupta, Publisher: S.K.Kataria &Sons
August 2008. ISBN: 978-81-906919-70
Wireless Sensor Networks
Authors: Sunil Gupta & Harsh k Verma, Publisher: Katsons
August 2014. ISBN: 978-93-5014-563-0
A patent application is filed and published in Indian Patent Office journal titled” Efficient Authentication protocol against malicious attack in (WSN) wireless sensor networks.”, Application Number 201711003986A.
Page No: 3922 Publication Date 17-02-2017.
He has published various research Papers in International and National Journals and conferences.
Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data Mining, Big data
Subjects Currently Teaching
Cloud Computing, Programming, Data Structure