Dr. Swati Jha
- Designation: Assistant Professor
Graduated from University of Rajasthan. Masters in Engineering from Maharaja Sayaji Rao University, Vadodara in Microprocessors Systems and Application (MSA). Ph.D. from Banasthali University in electronics on lasing nano-heterostructures.
During her research work, she was associated with INUP (Indian Nanoelectronics User’s Program) and participated in the familiarization workshop on “Nanofabrication Technologies” and attended the “Hands on Training” conducted at Centre for Nano Science and Engineering (CeNSE), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. Apart from teaching assignments in her previous organization, she has undertaken duties like heading the student and faculty chapter of ISTE, steering the entrepreneurship development cell and directing the consultancy development center. She also has an administrative experience as head of the department for five years.
To get professionally trained herself and deliver better quality to her pupils she has attended Dale Carnegie’s workshop on “High Impact Teaching Skills” and has also participated in Mission10x workshop conducted by Wipro.
Her teaching interests include microprocessors, digital signal processing, digital electronics and nanotechnology. She has guided minor and major projects based on microprocessors, microcontrollers and MATLAB. She is also a certified faculty to teach “Entrepreneurship” from National Entrepreneurship Network, Bangalore since 2009. She holds a certificate in “Technical Consultancy” from Consultancy Development Centre: an autonomous institution of DSIR, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India.
She presently has over fifteen years of teaching experience across various engineering colleges affiliated to University of Rajasthan, Gujarat University and Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak.
She accomplished her research work from Banasthali University in electronics on lasing nano-heterostructures.
- “Study of Effect of Strain, Quantum Well Width, and Temperature on Optical Gain in Nano-Heterostructures” Accepted in CSI 2015 “Theme: Digital Life”
- “A Comparative Study of Optical Characteristics of AlInGaAs/GaAs and InGaAs/InP SQW STIN SCH Nano-Heterostructures” in IJNTSE (International Journal of New Technologies in Science and Engineering) 2, Issue 2, Aug 2015, ISSN 2349-0780 (Available online @ www.ijntse.com)
- “Exploring the Optical Amplification Characteristics of a STIN SCH Al0.15In0.22Ga0.63As/GaAs Nano-scale Heterostructure” Journal of Mechatronics, Vol 3, Issue 3, Pages 179-184, 2015.
- “Investigation of gain characteristics of GRIN-InGaAsP/InP nano-heterostructure”, Indian Journal of Pure & Applied Physics, Vol. 53, pp. 447-455 July 2015. (Available online at http://nopr.niscair.res.in/handle/123456789/31730)
- On “Analysis of Strained Al15In 0.22Ga0.63As/GaAs Graded Index–Separate Confinement Lasing Nano-heterostructure” in Journal of Optoelectronics Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 1-6, 2015. (Available online at http://pubs.sciepub.com/joe/3/1/1)
- On “Optical Gain of InGaAlAs Quantum well with Different Barriers, Claddings and Substrates” in Journal of Optoelectronics Engineering, 2, No. 2, pp. 42-45, 2014. (Available online at http://pubs.sciepub.com/joe/2/2/4)
- On “Design and implementation of obstacle detection algorithm in robotics” in Advanced Computing Conference (IACC) 2014, IEEE International Print ISBN 978-1-4799-2571-1, pp. 205-208, Feb 2014.
- On “Design of an intelligent security robot for collision free navigation applications” in International Conference on Optimization, Reliabilty, and Information Technology (ICROIT), ISBN: 978-1-4799-3958-9, INSPEC Accession Number: 14254525, IEEE, pp. 255 – 257, Feb 2014.
- Presented a paper on “Gain Simulation of InGaP/GaAs Heterostructure” in 3rd National Conference on Advanced Materials and Radiation Physics (AMRP-2013) at Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Sangrur, Punjab which was published in International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT), ISSN: 2278-0181.
- On “Computational modeling of novel InN/Al30In0.70N multilayer nano-heterostructure” in Physica E: Low Dimensional Systems and Nanostructures, Volume 44, Issue 1, October 2011, Pages 49-55.
She loves spending her leisure time with family at places of serene beauty, enjoys movies and relishes Indian cuisine.
Subjects Currently Teaching
At BMU, She has taken courses like Microprocessors Based Systems Design, Joy of Engineering, Embedded Systems and Robotics and Signals and Systems. She constantly tries to integrate the experiential learning concepts in her teaching to align with the University’s vision.