- School Schools of Engineering and Technology
- Department/Programme Chemistry
- Position (additional roles) Mentor-Environmental Club
- Email email@example.com
Amarnath currently teaches chemistry, materials science, organic electronics, and environmental studies. His research interests include materials chemistry with a focus on organic electronic materials. His interested also lies in organometallics. Currently, he mentors BMU Environment club. Previously, he mentored Science and Technology appreciation club. His current interest in teaching is to develop new experiments which enable students to appreciate the subject they learn in the classroom.
- Environmental Studies
- Flexible Electronics
- Emerging Materials Science and Applications
- Graduation In: B.Sc. (Chemistry, Math, and Physics)
- Graduation From: Nagarjuna University
- Graduation Year: 1999
- Post Graduation In: Chemistry
- Post Graduation From: NUS Singapore
- Post Graduation Year: 2004
- Doctorate In: Chemistry
- Doctorate From: UMass Amherst
- Doctorate Year: 2011
|From - To (Year)||Designation & Organization|
|2011-2014||Post-Doctoral Research Associate-WSU|
|2006-2011||Graduate Teaching Assistant-UMass Amherst|
- Organic Electronics
- Organometallic Chemistry
- Materials Chemistry
- Amarnath Bheemaraju, Travis L. Benanti, Sravan Kumar Surampudi, Mahshid Pourmand, Boqian Yang, Marc Achermann, Michael D. Barnes, and D.Venkataraman. Effect of Side Chains on Charge Transfer in Quaterthiophene-Naphthalene diimide Based Donor-Bridge-Acceptor Dyads. Journal of Macromolecular Science, 2011, 48, 986-993.
- Amarnath Bheemaraju, Richard L. Lord, Peter Muller, and Stanislav Groysman. Difference in the Reactivities of H- and Me-Substituted Dinucleating Bis(iminopyridine) Ligands with Nickel(0). Organometallics, 2012, 31(6), 2120-2123.
- Amarnath Bheemaraju, Jeffrey W. Beattie, Richard L. Lord, Philip D. Martin, and Stanislav Groysman. Carbon disulfide binding at dinuclear and mononuclear nickel complexes ligated by a redox-active ligand: iminopyridine serving as an accumulator of redox equivalents for the activation of heteroallenes. Chem. Commun., 2012, 48, 9595-9597.
- Amarnath Bheemaraju, Jeffrey W. Beattie, Erwyn G. Tabasan, Philip D. Martin, Richard L. Lord, and Stanislav Groysman. Steric and Electronic Effects in the Formation of Carbon Disulfide Reactivity of Dinuclear Nickel Complexes Supported by Bis(iminopyridine) Ligands. Organometallics, 2013, 32(10), 2952-2962.
- Amarnath Bheemaraju, Jeffrey W. Beattie, Yury Danylyuk, Jonathan Rochford, and Stanislav Groysman. Synthesis, Structure, and Reactivity of Copper (II) Complexes Supported by a Rigid Dinucleating Ligand. Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2014, (34), 5865-5873.
- Acknowledgement certificate received for mentoring NEA undergraduate summer student.
- Listed as one of the top teaching assistants in the department of chemistry at University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- Travel grants received from NUS and UMass for attending key conferences related to my research.
- Young Scientist, DST-SERB