- School BBA
- Department/Programme Schools of Management
- Position (additional roles) Special Point of Contact for International Collaborations
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Subaran Roy completed his PhD in Economics from Louisiana State University, the USA in 2007. He also holds a Master’s Degree from Jawaharlal Nehru University in International Economics (2000) and a B.Sc. in Economics from Calcutta University (1998). His research interests include but are not limited to economic growth, international finance, trade, weightless economy, technology diffusion and applied econometrics. His research applies leading-edge (empirical) methods to examine substantively important economic phenomena and has significantly contributed to the relevant literature through well recognized international peer-reviewed journals. Dr. Roy has more than ten years of teaching experience in various countries including the USA and the Middle East at both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree level. His teaching portfolio includes a range of courses delivered in the field of economics, statistics and finance.
- Environmental Economics
- Money Banking and Finance
- Principles of Financial Management
- International Finance and Banking
- Management of Banking and Other Financial Institutions
- Managerial Economics (MBA)
- International Economics
- Business Statistics
- International Trade and Finance
- Development Economics
- Insurance and Risk Management
- Advanced Macroeconomics (MBA)
- Understanding Industry and Market
- Macroeconomics Policies and Government (MBA)
- Graduation In: B.Sc. in Economics (Honors)
- Graduation From: Calcutta University, India
- Graduation Year: 1998
- Post Graduation In: M.A. in International Economics
- Post Graduation From: Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Post Graduation Year: 2000
- Post Graduation In: M.S. in International Economics
- Post Graduation From: Louisiana State University, USA
- Post Graduation Year: 2004
- Doctorate In: PhD – Economics
- Doctorate From: Louisiana State University, USA
- Doctorate Year: 2008
|From - To (Year)||Designation & Organization|
|2017-current||Associate Professor - BMU|
|2013-2016||Assistant Professor – Abu Dhabi School of Management|
|2009-2013||Assistant Professor – University of Dubai|
|2008 -2009||Visiting Assistant Professor – Bowling Green State University, USA|
- Economic growth
- Foreign Direct Investment
- International Trade
- International Finance
- Middle East Economies
- Roy, Subaran and Swetasree Roy “Foreign Direct Investment, Institution and Economic Growth: Evidence from MENA Region” Journal of Economics and Development Studies, Vol 4, No. (1), March 2016.
- “FDI and Economic Growth: Does Distance from Technology Frontier Matter”, Global Business and Economic Review, Vol 18, No. (2), 2016.
- Capital Goods Imports, Catch- Up and Total Factor Productivity Growth” International Journal of Economics and Business studies, Annual Edition 2014.
- ICT and Economic Growth: Evidence from MENA Countries” with Dr. Abdullah Abonamah and Dr. Abdel Moneim, International Journal of Customer Relationship Marketing and Management, Volume 5, No (1), pp 16-30, March 2014.
- “FDI and Performance of Indian States” International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research, Volume 12, No (1), pp. 229-239, 2013
- SEA Graduate Student Invited Papers and Awards, Southern Economic Association, 77th Annual Conference, 2007
- Full Tuition Scholarship and Teaching Assistantship, Louisiana State University, 2002-08.
- National Merit Scholarship, Government of India, 1998-2000.
- “An empirical inquiry into Per Capita Per Capita Convergence of Indian States” with Dr. Chitrakalpa Sen & Rohini Sanyal (Submitted to PRJ)
- Lifestyle Choices and Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation” with Dr. Prasun Bhattacharya.
- “Asymmetric Knowledge Distribution, Innovation & Economic Growth” with Professor Salaheddin Abosadra
- Dr Roy has a book chapter on FDI, Trade and Economic Growth: A Panel Approach to EU and BRICS” with Dr. Vaishali Sharma and Dr. Nandita Choudhury in Springer Publication (forthcoming) – The Globalization Conundrum – Dark Clouds behind the Silver Lining – Global Issues and Empirics