- School Math
- Department/Programme Schools of Engineering and Technology
- Position (additional roles) Head of Department of Mathematics
- Email email@example.com
Dr Ziya Uddin completed his Ph.D. with major in Mathematics and minor in Computer Science with CSIR fellowship from G. B. Pant University, Pantnagar. He received the postdoctoral fellowship from the French government and did his postdoctoral from Université de Valenciennes et du Hainaut-Cambrésis, Valenciennes, France. He is an active participant in the Sci-Mat Club on campus as its mentor & coaches students on photography as well.
- Mathematics-I (Calculus and Differential Equations)
- Mathematics-II (Linear Algebra and Complex Analysis)
- Mathematics-III (Probability and Statistics)
- Integral Transforms and Numerical Techniques
- Applied Numerical Techniques
- Discrete Mathematical Structure
- Operations Research
- Graduation In: B.Sc. (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry)
- Graduation From: Kumaun University, Nainital
- Graduation Year: 2002
- Post Graduation In: M.Sc. Mathematics (Specialization in Statistics)
- Post Graduation From: Kumaun University, Nainital
- Post Graduation Year: 2004
- Doctorate In: PhD – Mathematics with minor in Computer Science
- Doctorate From: G. B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar
- Doctorate Year: 2009
|From - To (Year)||Designation & Organization|
|2017-current||Associate Professor – BMU, Gurgaon|
|2016-2017||Assistant Dean student’s life – BMU, Gurgaon|
|2014-2017||Asst Professor – BMU, Gurgaon|
|2013-2014||Asst Professor – Galgotias University, Greater Noida|
|2011-Nov, 2012||Postdoctoral researcher- Université de Valenciennes et du Hainaut-Cambrésis, Valenciennes, France|
|2010-2011||Asst Professor – Northcape University, Gurgaon|
|2009-2010||Asst Professor – ICFAI University, Dehradun|
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Soft Computing Techniques
- Heat pipes, Cooling of industrial machinery and electronic devices
- Nanofluids, Waste Industrial fluids and microfluids.
- Financial Mathematics and Data Analytics
- Z Uddin, R Asthana, M K Awasthi and S Gupta, “The steady MHD flow of nano-fluids over a rotating porous disk in the presence of heat generation/absorption: A numerical study using PSO”, Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics, 10(3), 871-879, 2017, DOI: 10.18869/acadpub.jafm.73.240.26650.
- Z Uddin, S Harmand and S Ahmed, “Computational modeling of heat transfer in rotating heat pipes using nanofluids: A numerical study using PSO”, International Journal of Thermal Sciences 112, 44-54, 2017, doi: 10.1016/j.ijthermalsci.2016.09.035
- Mukesh Awasthi, Rishi Asthana and Ziya Uddin, “Nonlinear Study of Kelvin-Helmholtz instability of cylindrical flow with mass and heat transfer”, International Communications in Heat and Mass transfer, 71, 216-224, 2016, doi: 10.1016/j.icheatmasstransfer.2015.12.035
- Ziya Uddin and Souad Harmand, “Natural convection heat transfer of nanofluids along a vertical plate embedded in porous medium”, Nanoscale Research Letters, Springer 8:64, 2013 doi:10.1186/1556-276X-8-64.
- Ziya Uddin, “MHD Boundary Layer Flow of A Nano Fluid Past A Wedge Shaped Wick In Heat Pipe”, International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial and Mechatronics Engineering, 9(5), 681-685, 2015, doi: scholar.waset.org/1999.8/10001260
- Ziya Uddin and Manoj Kumar, “Hall and ion-slip effect on MHD boundary layer flow of a Micro polar fluid past a wedge”, Scientia Iranica, Transaction B: Mechanical Engineering, 20(3), 467-476, 2013, doi:10.1016/j.scient.2013.02.013
- Ziya Uddin, Manoj Kumar and Souad Harmand, “Influence of thermal radiation and heat generation/absorption on MHD heat transfer flow of a micropolar fluid past a wedge considering hall and ion slip currents”, Thermal Science- International Scientific Journal, 18(2), 489-502, 2014, doi: 10.2298/TSCI110712085U
- Vandana Bisht, Manoj Kumar and Ziya Uddin, “Effects of variable thermal conductivity and chemical reaction on steady mixed convection boundary layer flow with heat and mass transfer inside a cone due to a point sink”, Journal of Applied and Fluid Mechanics, 4(4), 59-63, 2011.
- Ziya Uddin and Manoj Kumar, “MHD Heat and Mass Transfer Free Convection Flow near the Lower Stagnation point of an isothermal Cylinder imbedded in Porous domain with the Presence of Radiation”, Jordan J Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, 5(2), 133-138, 2011.
- “Student’s Choice for Most Inspirational Faculty” award at BMU, SOET
- Best Faculty Award in 2016-2017 at BMU, SOET
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering), 2007
- CSIR-UGC (JRF), 2008
- University Research Fellowship, 2007-2008.
- Postdoctoral fellowship from French government.
- Dr Ziya has published a book on “Computational Fluid Dynamics”, LAP, LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG, Germany, ISBN 978-3-8465-8434-7
- Dr Ziya is the member of IAENG (International Association of Engineers) and Societe Francaise de Thermique (Thermal society of France).
- Dr. Ziya has also attended various conferences and symposia of national and international level and presented his research work in these forums.
- Dr Ziya has been the member of technical expert committees for various conferences.
- Dr. Ziya is also the reviewer of various journals of international repute like, Int J Thermal Sciences, Meccanica, Journal of applied fluid mechanics, Canadian Journal of physics, physica etc.