- School Schools of Engineering and Technology
- Department/Programme Mechanical
- Position (additional roles) Faculty in-charge Student Life and Mentor to Automobile Club and SAE Collegiate Club, Faculty in-charge BMU Tinkering Lab
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Surya Prakash received his Ph.D. from Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur. Prior to joining BMU, he had worked as an Assistant Professor for NorthCap University Gurgaon (formerly ITM University) and UPTU, Lucknow. His research focuses on Robust Optimization, Supply Chain Network Design, Artificial Intelligence in Manufacturing, Industry 4.0, etc. Dr. Surya has published research papers in all major publishers from Engineering and Management domain. Dr Surya also presented his research papers at various international conferences organized at NUS Singapore, DTU Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIIE Udaipur, MNIT Jaipur, etc. Dr. Surya has pronounced interest in entrepreneurship and founded portal www.researchervine.com and mentored the startup VDT Pipeline Integrity Solutions Ltd. He is actively involved in student life, campus events and entrepreneurship activities in BMU. He also enjoys reading motivational books, participating in social work and writing articles for social media platforms on the future of technology. He is also a certified Trainer for Experiential Learning in teaching by KLE Tech-NETRA Hubli and taking care Tinkering Lab, Joy of Engineering projects in BMU.
- Quality Control and Reliability
- Supply Chain Management
- Engineering Drawing and AutoCad
- Joy of Engineering
- Workshop Practice
- Industry 4.0
- Industrial Engineering
- Graduation In: B.E. (Hons.) Mechanical Engineering
- Graduation From: Institute of Engineering & Technology, Dr B. R. Ambedkar University, Agra
- Graduation Year: 2006
- Post Graduation In: Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Post Graduation From: Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, Rajasthan
- Post Graduation Year: 2009
- Doctorate In: PhD – Robust Supply Chain Network Design
- Doctorate From: Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
- Doctorate Year: 2016
|From - To (Year)||Designation & Organization|
|2016-current||Assistant Professor - BMU|
|2013-2016||Research Scholar, MNIT Jaipur|
|2009-2013||Assistant Professor – NorthCap University, Gurgaon|
- Robust Optimization and AI in Manufacturing
- Supply Chain Design and MADM/MCDM
- Industry 4.0
- Industrial Engineering and Technology Management
- Supply Chain Risk Management
- Surya Prakash, Gunjan Soni, Vipul Jain, APS Rathore (2017), “Closed-loop supply chain network design and modelling under risks and demand uncertainty: An integrated robust optimization approach”, Annals of Operations Research, 1-28,) https://doi.org/10.1007/s1047.
- Surya Prakash, Gunjan Soni, Ajay Pal Singh Rathore, Shubhender Singh (2017), "Risk analysis and mitigation for perishable food supply chain: a case of dairy industry", Benchmarking: An International Journal, Vol. 24 Iss: 1, pp.2 – 23.
- Surya Prakash, Gunjan Soni, Ajay Pal Singh Rathore, (2017) "Embedding risk in closed-loop supply chain network design: Case of a hospital furniture manufacturer", Journal of Modelling in Management, Vol. 12 Issue: 3, pp.551-574.
- Surya Prakash, Gunjan Soni, Ajay Pal Singh Rathore, (2017) "A critical analysis of supply chain risk management content: a structured literature review", Journal of Advances in Management Research, Vol. 14 Iss: 1, pp.69 – 90.
- Surya Prakash, Sameer Kumar, Maheshawar Dwivedy, (2018), “Modelling the barriers for mass adoption of EVs in India”, ICIEA-2018, 26-28 April 2018, National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore. (In-press- IEEE Xplore Digital Library)
- Surya Prakash, Sameer Mittal, Gunjan Soni, Ajay Pal Singh Rathore, (2014), “Information Risks Modeling in e-business Supply Chain using AHP”, 2nd International Conference on Recent Advances in Engineering and Computational Sciences (RAECS), IEEE Xplore Digital Library, pp. 1–5. ISBN: 978-1-4799-2290-1. (Online)
- MHRD Fellowship from NIT Jaipur during 2013 – 2016
- Trainee for Bharat Forge Ltd., Pune for Six Months
- SAE Senior Faculty Advisor for SUPRA, Professional Member QCFI
- Certified Trainer for Experiential Learning in Teaching by KLE Tech-NETRA Hubli.